…and now for something completely different

Experimenting with some old acrylics. Watch this space.

The holly and the ivy

Last day in the studio before Christmas. Ivy from the garden, holly from the hedge which runs along Bevere Lane. Happy holidays!

Vaguely symmetrical

I’d sort of forgotten about this shot, it was the last of the Reconstructed Nature taped pieces that I did before moving onto experimenting with wire and bulldog clip supports. So in shooting sequence it should be Reconstructed Nature 5a but is actually no.10 in the series.

Back to my roots…

Terrible title I know… I took this old hollowed tree trunk many years ago when I was just getting back into film having been previously lured away by the digital revolution. The shot was taken in Pembrokeshire on one of my first films using medium format – I was using an old 1950’s Rolleiflex TLR…

Nature before reconstruction

Nature before reconstruction – this was a test shot that I took whilst experimenting with the layout of the grasses. This particular composition didn’t actually make it to the next stage of the work, the grasses were used in the much more regimented piece that turned into ‘Reconstructed Nature I’.

Trussed up seedheads

This one took a bit of messing about with to get the composition how I wanted it. The problem was that I left the knots at one end of each string loose so that I could adjust the lengths and tension but they often worked themselves loose meaning the whole thing fell to bits at…

Lilliput

The clips on wire images work where the subject isn’t too delicate otherwise the clips become the subject. So I was thinking of some different sorts of support and this came to me after a crossword clue about Gulliver’s Travels (it was the only clue I could answer…). I wasn’t sure about this one initially,…

Reconstructed 6 & 7

Two more editioned prints ready to go into the browser.