Finished, but as yet untitled

The finished ‘stripes no.4’ piece mounted on 3mm board. I intend to add battons to the reverse so that it ‘floats’ away from the wall when hung. It differs slightly from the laid out version in that a centre strip has been added – there’s inevitably a difference in the overall width of the piece…

Work in progress

I think the work with stripes might be going somewhere. This is the fourth experimental piece, sized approximately 12 x 7in, shown laid out after getting the sequencing right. I started this one from the centre with the strips that have eventually ended up on the outer edges. As the pattern progresses sometimes the colours…

New plans coming together

I’ve decided to use the latest lockdown to explore painting with acrylics a bit more. I started dabbling about 12 months ago as a way of creating material to use for close up and macro abstract photographs.

New year, new acrylics

Close up of an acrylic abstract – the angles reminded me of the frost patterns on my car windscreen these past few mornings.